How can I ease morning sickness?
What’s an appropriate amount of weight to gain during pregnancy?
How much should my newborn be eating and sleeping each day?
These are just some of the neverending questions swirling around the heads of new and expectant parents. Every emotion and query seems magnified and oh-so urgent when you aren’t sure what’s “normal” and what’s not: Is this ache or pain typical or should I call my doctor? Hate to break it to you, Mama, but those concerns will likely never cease — even when your child his well on his way to high school!
Baptist Health and Wolfson Children’s Hospital, in conjunction with mobile health tech company Wildflower Health, have created and launched the new MyFamily parenting app to help guide expectant moms and dads through pregnancy and beyond. The app includes articles written by trusted health experts and offers various features to help navigate the world of parenting.
“Baptist Health and Wolfson Children’s Hospital want to help families be as healthy as possible throughout their lives,” shares Brett McClung, president and CEO of Baptist Health. “The MyFamily app is an extension of our expertise and care, helping us to fit into the daily lives of parents as they take care of themselves and their children at every stage.”
CC Brooks, vice president of Patient Care Services for Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville and Wolfson Children’s Hospital, adds that this information is immensely helpful for parents and their growing families.
“We are so proud to offer the MyFamily app so we can continue to provide support long after childbirth,” she says. “As a mom and a former labor and delivery nurse, I know how important it is for parents to have access to the reliable information they need as their families grow and needs change. This new app helps by offering health trackers for kids as they mature and the ability to include a health profile for every family member.”
From pregnancy and beyond
Raising a child starts well before a baby is brought into the world, which is why MyFamily is designed for parents from the moment they find out they’re expecting, helping moms-to-be keep active and hydrated, remember to take prenatal vitamins, attend regular appointments, and communicate with their doctors and nurses. These features for expectant moms include:
- Week-by-week updates
- Due date calculator
- Weight gain calculator
- Pregnancy milestones
- Daily tips and affirmations
- Symptom checker
- Personalized healthy pregnancy actions
- Baby Boost relaxation tool
- Baby kick counter
- “Q-List” to keep track of things to talk about with your doctor
Welcome to the world, baby!
The fun really kicks in once you finally find yourself face-to-face with your new bundle of joy — and so does that hard work. And those worries you had during pregnancy? They become a distant memory once you actually have a tiny human to care for 24/7!
Focusing on early childhood development and parental health, the MyFamily app easily transitions users from pregnancy to parenthood. Simply swipe between health views to manage the health needs of your family with:
- Important clinical topics for newborns and young children from birth to 2 years old, such as developmental milestones by age, literacy, dental health, and nutrition
- Tracking of developmental milestones and management of important activities, such as scheduling recommended well-child checks
- Tips on challenges facing new parents, including articles on postpartum depression
- Life hacks for new parents such as sleep, spending the first week with baby at home, swaddling, and traveling with infants
- Popular new parent tracking tools include a feeding tracker, diaper tracker, and growth tracker
Keeping the whole family healthy
While your baby is undoubtedly one of the most important humans in your life, he or she isn’t the only one you want in good health. MyFamily can help you learn about any conditions your partner may be struggling with, offer assistance with elderly parents, and more, all from the convenience of your phone.
Top overall health features include:
- Trackers: Set up vaccination, growth, weight, and height trackers which seamlessly sync with your Apple Health app and can be used by the whole family.
- Milestones: Create profiles for every family member with health milestones for Mom, Dad, and even Grandma. The little ones also have detailed milestones for those important first few years.
- Highlights: Receive personalized daily highlights and seasonal health tips for the whole family.
- Who to call: Use simple click-to-call for direct access to your own health team and resources with Baptist Health and Wolfson Children’s Hospital.