If Motherhood was a university, and cooking for the family were a required course (let’s call it Meal Planning 101), I’d most definitely be on academic probation. Yes, I’m giving myself a D in feeding my family.
But Vicky, didn’t you go to culinary school in Chicago?? Why, yes, I did. I actually attended Le Cordon Bleu so food is VERY important to me. And heck, I am even great at cooking! The long-gone days of when my husband and I were trying all the hot spots in Chicago and trying to replicate dishes at home are now just a sweet memory.
Enter two kids, a full-time work from home job and zero energy at 5:30pm. I absolutely HATE cooking now. Sure, here and there I’ll get the urge to break out my tools and skills, but it’s no fun with little hands tugging on my shirt at the stove and with screaming in my ear about who took whose toy. It’s more common for me to call the hubs and ask HIM what he’s bringing home for dinner.
We all manage our time differently, and for a good amount of moms, finding and preparing recipes takes a lot of time. And what I’ve found is when I do put the effort in, the kids wind up staring at the plate in front of them and asking for option #2. UGH.
So this is what I do now, and if you’re like me, you’ll be asking yourself “why haven’t I done this sooner?!”
J. William Culinary – prepared meals, for busy individuals who love good food, want to eat healthy and want it ready… now.
I’ve been using JWC for quite awhile now, almost from the time Jay began his business. The concept is great; gourmet, healthy meals for active individuals – AKA MOM, in our case. They offer freshly prepared meals delivered to your door. Each meal is less than 500 calories, high protein, low in sodium and dairy free. They are individually vacuum-sealed for freshness with no added preservatives.
Who is J. William?
Jay Phelan is taking Jacksonville (and the world) by storm! He is a life-long Chef who attended the French Culinary Institute in New York. His last 8 years spent in the kitchen as the Executive Chef with one of Jacksonville’s most elite fine dining establishments, Matthew’s and Restaurant Medure. When he finally decided to leave the fast-paced life of a restaurant Chef, it was for good reason- to spend time with his family, especially his son, William.
Why I love JWC
- I’m going to be honest here, my mom-ness has to say the first reason I LOVE JWC is it is READY! We’ll talk about quality and flavor too, but I can’t deny that the best thing is popping those awesome vacuum-sealed meals in the microwave for 2 minutes and having dinner ready for me and my husband. I don’t have to worry about what’s for dinner tonight. I look in the fridge or freezer and done and done.
- It’s delicious. Ok, here’s where the foodie in me can brag about how good these meals are. I definitely have a few of my favorites like the Curry Salmon, Slow-Cooked Mojo Pork, Blackened Turkey Burger and Mayport Shrimp with Coconut Curry. Every time I get a delivery from J. William, the food just gets better and better. This does not taste like low calorie food either! The portions are great (sometimes hubby and I split one with a salad) and you know you are getting food from a professional.
- JWC can be ordered online and is delivered to your door the next day! Talk about convenience. I usually order for the week and stick half in the fridge and half in the freezer. Meals last 7-10 days in the fridge and up to 6 months frozen. This can be an added convenience for extra busy nights with the kids’ activities or during the holidays when extra time is scarce.
Side note: My kids have not developed their palates yet. So they love a few things, like the meatballs and some of the grilled chicken dishes, but chances are they are eating something different from the adults. Mom Fail? Whatever, I don’t want to eat chicken nuggets and they don’t want to eat Grilled Salmon with Jasmine Rice and Curry Ginger Glaze. Deal.
Why YOU will Love J. William Culinary
There are so many benefits to using a prepared meal delivery service. Aside from giving you some extra time to spend with the family, and spending less time at the grocery store, here are a few reasons that make JWC extra special:
- They don’t use any preservatives or processed food in their meals, so you can always feel confident that you are getting fresh and healthy ingredients.
- JWC has included macro nutrient information on our website to make it easier for those who have set personal nutrition or fitness goals. This is perfect if you are just starting to eat healthy or want to maintain your healthy lifestyle!
- They offer many meal options to accommodate diet modifications. For example, most meals are dairy free, and gluten free and Paleo options are available. And you won’t have to sacrifice flavor. Win-win.
- JWC offers Family meals options on the menu as well. All meals for four include family sized portions of protein, starch and vegetables all individually sealed.
How Do I Get Started?
J. William Culinary has an easy website where you can view the menu, place your order and pay. Food is delivered the next day! It’s SO easy. You’ll definitely want to check out J William on Facebook and Instagram! They are social media lovers like us and love to share photos of amazing food and new menu items.
Tell them Jax Moms Blog sent you!!
This is a sponsored post by J. William Culinary. I am an actual customer and all opinions are my own!