St. Nicholas Playground is located adjacent to Spring Park Road in the St. Nicholas/Spring Park section of Jacksonville. Following City land purchases in 1936 and 1937, the park was created and originally named Spring Park, and was expanded by additional land acquisitions in 1944. The St. Nicholas Park and Home Park subdivisions were developed near the park in the late 1930’s to meet the housing needs of Jacksonville’s growing middle class, and the Spring Park Elementary School opened adjacent to the park in 1942. The playground became a popular site for games of the City’s baseball leagues. In recent years the Spring Park Neighborhood Association and St. Nicholas Area Preservation have taken an active role in the maintenance and welfare of the facility, which contains a walking/jogging trail completed in 1999.
St. Nicholas Playground
2260 Spring Park Road, Jacksonville, FL 32207, United States