4541 Timuquana Road, Jacksonville, FL 32210, United States
Timuquana Park is located in the Timuquana Manor neighborhood of southwest Jacksonville, just east of bustling Roosevelt Boulevard. The community was platted in 1942, mostly to provide housing for personnel at the nearby Jacksonville Naval Air Station. The plat dedicates the park property to public use. The name Timuquana derives from the native Indians, the Timuquas, who were living in the area when the first Europeans arrived in the sixteenth century. In 2003, the Timuquana Manor area has established one of the most successful Neighborhood Watch Programs (for crime) in Jacksonville. City officials highly praised Mrs. Alice Turknett, a resident who lives near the park, for her leadership in the program.