One of our favorite holiday traditions is cruising around checking out the Christmas lights. We go with our good friends, wear our fun glasses that make the lights look like snowmen, Santa, and snowflakes, and rock out to a mix of our favorite Christmas songs. It is quite an event that the kids always look forward to!
Deck the Chairs
Deck the Chairs takes place in Jacksonville Beach and features lifeguard chairs decorated with various themes. This is a FREE event and is one of Jacksonville’s top must-see annual holiday events!
Jax Illuminations has created a wonderful opportunity for families to create a new holiday tradition. Enjoy the magic of driving through holiday lights that are synchronized to holiday music. Come see a MILLION brilliant LED lights that dance, twinkle and sparkle to some of your favorite holiday songs. This year choose from various dates and time slots from December 1 – December 31, with the exception of Christmas Day.
Join Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens for their Annual ZOOLights and watch as thousands of LED lights transform the zoo into a luminous winter wonderland filled with moving sculptures, forests of lighted trees, and animal silhouettes. See website for pricing.
St. Augustine Nights of Lights
The streets of St. Augustine’s historic district will be aglow with its annual Nights of Lights display November 19, 2022–January 31, 2023, featuring over three million sparkling lights.
Dazzling Nights at the Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens
Immerse yourself in the wonder of the holidays! Dazzling Nights at the Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens is a 3/4 mile journey of awe-inspiring light experiences. Start with a great photo opportunity in front of a unique, 30’ tall towering Christmas tree. Enjoy live entertainment and holiday-inspired food and beverage. Interactive lights on the ground light up when you walk on them. You’ll journey through a forest of light and fog as if walking through the aurora borealis. Immerse yourself in a 65’ long tunnel of wondrous light. And the evening wouldn’t be complete without snow and holiday tunes. And so much more!
Blackhawk Bluff Subdivision
Located at Girvin Road off of Atlantic Blvd, the Blackhawk Bluff subdivision has become famous for some of the best lights in Jacksonville. Ride through the streets and enjoy the beautiful lights and displays throughout the neighborhood. This is a FREE neighborhood drive-thru.
Christmas on Crystal Springs
Christmas on Crystal Springs is a one-house show with several hundred thousand choreographed lights set to music. This is a FREE viewing.
Atlantic Beach Christmas
Atlantic Beach Christmas is located in the Ocean Walk neighborhood. Amazing show of two houses on a cul-de-sac. Over, 40,000 lights set to holiday music. Park at the top of the cul-de-sac and walk down. This is a FREE neighborhood drive-thru.
Arbor Glade Subdivision
Arbor Glade Subdivision off of Old St. Augustine Road between 95 and 295 is another great neighborhood you can drive through and see lots of houses with lights and decorations. This is a FREE neighborhood drive-thru.
WizLights in Orange Park
Check out WizLights! 1252 Tumbleweed Dr., [South] Orange Park, in the Tanglewood subdivision, off Blanding. Over 20,000 LEDs, Lasers, Disco Balls, and lots of other special effects are all set to music. Lights will be up December 1st through New Years’.
Synchronized Christmas Lights using 64 channels of Light-o-Rama controllers. Approx. 5,000 lights, and 29 songs. Complete show runs about 1 1/2 hours. Synchronized Christmas Lights on Southcreek Drive in Jacksonville (St. Johns) Florida. Show runs from Thanksgiving weekend through New Year’s Eve.
Mikayla’s Magical Christmas Light Show
This display is located at 4568 Royal Port Drive. There are 48,000 lights on 120 channels synchronized to music. There will be a 20-foot mega tree (12,500 lights) along with a 10-foot spiral tree, nine mini trees, and two leaping arches. There are outdoor speakers to hear the music. You can also enjoy the music on FM channel 102.1 on cold nights. The show is on a continuous loop that takes about 30 minutes to see from start to finish and primarily focuses on the true meaning of Christmas. It runs from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Friday, Saturday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, depending on visitors.
Gierlich Holiday Wonderland
A Gierlich Christmas Wonderland is a light display located in Interlachen, FL. There are displays for both Halloween and Christmas and a small one for Easter. The displays all consist of lights, blow molds, and inflatables. Please stop by sometime and check out the lights. You won’t be disappointed!
Lights on Nochaway
This display, located at 1392 Nochaway Drive off Pacetti Road in the World Golf Village area, features thousands of lights synched to 28 songs. Lights are on from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. during the holidays. To hear the coordinated music, just turn your car radio to 94.7 FM.
Lights on Grand Parke
Located at 776 Grand Parke Drive in St. Johns. The show runs nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. from Nov. 28 through New Year’s Eve. Just tune your radio to 88.5 FM to hear the music that goes with the lights.
- Loretto Rd – enjoy cruising through between Old St Augustine and San Jose Blvd.
- 4568 Royal Port Drive – Lights on 6:00pm – 9:30pm Sunday through Thursday, 6:00pm – 10:00pm Friday and Saturday. Over 16,000 lights set to music! A 30-minute show featuring 11 songs!
- Ocean Pond Ct – in Jax Beach behind Baptist Beaches Hospital
- 3 Bonita Drive Ponte Vedra – Located in Dolphin Cove. Every night from 6pm-1030ish pm. Bring your Santa letters to put in our North Pole mailbox. Daily magic shared by a husband and wife team!
- Smith Lights on Rue – free annual walk-through for the community.
- 2152 Forest Hollow Way – Decorated by a one-man band for one last year before he moves to Hawaii. There’s also a boatload of individually wrapped free candy cane mints sitting at the end of the driveway for people to take that’s restocked every night.
- Greenwood Subdivision – Lights on display 7 pm – 10 pm nightly as a gift to all in an effort to spread love and make people smile. All work is done by a cancer survivor as this is his way of giving back to the community.
- 264 Arora Blvd – computer-controlled with over 50,000 lights and many wireframes
- 4826 Rathbone Drive – Animated Christmas Lights. Lights will be on daily from 6pm to 11pm. Tune into station 104.1 FM. There are 9 songs and the full show is approximately 30 minutes. There is also a smaller show on the side yard off Latimer. Children can place a note in the Santa’s Letter mailbox and we will ensure it is delivered to the North Pole. Remember to include a return address!
If you know of any additional light displays, please share the address and a description in the comment section.